The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Oh my goodness, where to start?
Forgive me for being so blunt; but in this post there will be no spoiler alerts, no summary, no links to take you where to read about the synopsis, I am not going to write a book review, but I’ll list down points why I love it. Why? Because, dear reader, I’d very much like for you to get a copy of this book and read it for yourself. 🙂
1. It retells the vampire myth into a new fashion (believe me, it shocked me how Dracula was portrayed in this novel!)
2. The book was well-written. Elegant, subtle, thrilling! The scenery unveils before you in all its glory. The storylines were crisscrossing, it takes you back vividly to the past. It is exquisite!
3. I love the relationships in this book and how the characters are intertwined with each other.
4. All 700+ pages of this book was worth my time.
5. I have re-read it countless of times and still feels the same.
6. I have always wanted to travel Europe and in a way, this book took me there!
7. My desire for history, for books, antiquities and for wood-paneled floors were brought to a new height by this book.
8. I LOVE IT!!!!
There. Pick up a copy, read it, savour it – then tell me all about it! 🙂