This is the Day 29 of my 30 Day Challenge. It should have been finished days ago, but there was so much work to do that I was exhausted everyday after work, so my writing took a back seat.
This post is all about hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days. I am not much of a fan of goal “lists”, but a colleague at work influenced me into writing one. He discussed the importance of lists, goals and plans so enthusiastically that by the end of our meeting, I found myself lingering over that “list” he asked us to do – write 10 goals with these criteria: Personal, present and positive.
I procured a piece of immaculately clean white bond paper, and armed with my purple-inked pen, began writing down goals for the next 365 days.
Here are the items on my list:
1. WordPress goals – gain 100 followers and get Freshly Pressed!
2. Build a small reading corner or library in our home.
3. Save up for Rio 2016! (Because I so want to be in Brazil for the 2016 Olympics!)
4. Open up a savings account for my own condo unit.
5. Coach a kid in reading and writing.
6. Enrol in an MA Class in Creative Writing or study Library Science.
7. Get my CC and ALB norms for Toastmasters.
8. Get the President’s Distinguished Club Award for our Toastmasters Club before the turnover on June 2013.
9. Career shift into writing for TV, film or print.
10. Finish the story I am working on.
As you can see, it is a nice, full list; one I am unsure would work, but he encouraged me further to look into the list, encircle the ones I think would change me for the better, and then I could start working on them. As of now, I still haven’t encircled any of the items above. A year is not a long wait, after all, and I am determined to cross out several, if not all, items on this list.
Who knows? Perhaps sometime next year I would look back at the list and post my progress here. It is exciting to have something to look forward to, hm?