Nica and Jae, my work sisters, both nominated me for this award, so aptly called “The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers”. They are both really good writers, with wide fan bases and inspiring posts. Among the three of us, I am the laziest at writing, mehehe, so I thank them for nominating me. 🙂
Let us start with the rules first, shall we?
- Acknowledge the person who passed the award to you and provide their link.
- Include the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions I posted above.
- Nominate blogs and link those you have especially enjoyed reading. The number you can select is up to you.
- Notify each individual that you have nominated them.
Now that the rules are set, let us begin!
Here are Nica‘s 10 questions:
What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
* I love smelling things and people I am very fond of. 🙂
If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Alfred Hitchcock. It would be lovely to meet him and be an assistant on his movie set!
Nightly owl or early bird?
It depends on the need, haha.
Bare or with make up?
I usually go bare.
Coffee or tea?
Forest or beach?
The beach. There is nothing like a beach scene.
Shoes or sandals?
Favorite place to travel.
One food you could never eat.
The smell of home… I mean, the comfortable smell of our house (literally) my pillows, my boyfriend, of babies, books… those smells that I associate with home. 🙂
On to Jae‘s 10 questions:
What is that one song that lifts your mood up no matter how bad your day had been?
* MGMT’s Electric Feel. It has a great vibe, wonderful melody, and I love that they deify the woman in that song. For example:
“All along the western front, people line up to receive
she got the power in her hand, to shock you like you won’t believe,
saw her in the Amazon, with a voltage running through her skin,
standing there with nothing on, she’s gonna teach me how to swim.”
“You are my electric girl.”
I don’t know how quite to explain it, but I love to be referred to as “electric girl”. It’s unique and it feels great! ELECTRIC!!! Haha!
What is your most favorite Disney Princess?
* Oh wow… I am not much of a Disney Princess fan, so, er…
What is that one trait you think you got from your mother/father that you love?
* The ability to love.
What is your favorite month?
December! 🙂 Holiday month, happy days!
If given the choice, what name would you choose for yourself?
Georgina or Olivia.
If you could take me anywhere in the world, where would we go?
* We will go to Europe and beach-hop! How’s that sound, Jae?! 🙂
What is your worst mannerism?
* Ugh. Touching my face. Looking for something to scratch off the surface. Thank God I don’t usually have break-outs.
What is the most recent book you have read?
Audrey Hepburn’s Neck. It’s a good read; I love the way it’s written.
What is your greatest frustration?
* Playing the piano, or any musical instrument for that matter.
What is the essence of a woman?
* So Miss Universe! Life is the essence of a woman. The ability to carry it, to live it, and to fulfill it in ways she chooses to. 🙂 Thank you! (Hahaha!)
Moving on, here are my Awardees:
- Bluebird Blvd.
- The Blog of Disquiet
- A Cathartic Method
- A Breakfast Serial
- Writing Reconsidered
- The Mind of Eboni Sade
These are all FANTASTIC blogs and WONDERFUL people so check them out! You won’t be sorry, I promise. 😉
Here are my 10 questions:
- If you are going to be an agent for a living author, who would it be?
- If you are going to be a criminal, what would you be charged with?
- If you are going to be an inanimate object, what would you be?
- The most boring subject in school you ever had?
- What is your stand about organised religion?
- Do you like dubstep?
- What is your favourite film of all time?
- Would you like to be a Royal family member?
- Have you a story of unrequited love?
- You are given the opportunity to throw the GRANDEST party ever: Where would it be, who are you inviting, and what is the theme?
Again, thanks Nica and Jae for nominating me! For the awardees, it really is up to you if you’d do this or not – I just wanted to award you with this. 🙂
Happy blogging, everyone! 🙂